Friday, June 12, 2009

"Medicine in the Age of Twitter"

" I blog, I tweet and I use Facebook. And as I recently told a medical colleague, social media has been an enormously useful tool in my work. “I can barely keep up with e-mail,” he snorted back. “I’m not about to open up that black box.” "

Which camp do you fall into? Read more of this article from the New York Times

The BMJ is also talking about it - how twitter can be used by medics to keep up to date, to keep patients updated , and novel approaches to using this microblogging tool, such as live updates to surgical operations.

Contact the library if you want to have a helping hand through some of the new Web 2.0 tools available - look for the training sessions on Keeping up to date: RSS, Blogs, Twitter etc (EE05) on the training calendar.
Or contact Isla, to arrange a session tailored to your needs.

No comments: